/contrib included in FreeNAC
There are several contributed scripts already included in /contrib of the FreeNAC code base, these are briefly described here.
- generate_dhcp* and generate_dns* are used to generate DNS and DHCP server configurations based on the FreeNAC DB. See the relevant Techguide pages for more details: ISC DHCP Configuration, Bind DNS Configuration.
- migration* directories contai scripts for migration from one version of FreeNAC to another. config2db is a script for migrating v2.2 to v3 configurations files.
- vm_mac_ip.pl: query all running Virtual Machines on Vmware VirtualCentre, and then update their relevant records in FreeNAC, or insert new records. This allows FreeNAC to have a more complete inventory of devices on the network.
- vmpsd.1.3.sources: Source files used to compile the OpenVMPS component.
- proctst.pl is a tool for detecting when daemons die and restarting them.
- nacdemo_db.tgz and opennac_db.tar.gz contain a demo FreeNAC database, and an empty database for new installations.
- package_files contains the files needed for generating the Ubuntu package.
- The samba, freeradius, etc, etc_php5_cli, logrotate.d, kerberos directories contain sample configuration files.
- import_systems_csv1 is a sample for importing systems (example sample_csv1.txt) from a comma seperated value list of systems into the FreeNAC database.
- usr/local/bin/ contains two scripts filewatcher and mytop that may be useful for detecting file changes and monitoring mysql activity respectively.
- report_vlan_changes.php is a small script that will inform of any changes in vlan assignments on systems in the last 24 hours and also informs if a system has been placed during the last hour in a different vlan than the one that is assigned to it.